- This event has passed.
Auckland: SCNZ Certificate training Phase 1,2
7 September - 8 September
Course Structure of Auckland Sports Chaplaincy training Phase 1,2
Auckland Sports Chaplaincy training Phase 1,2 will run over 2 days, from 9am until 4pm. Each day covers one phase of training, consisting of six hours of interactive class time, plus breaks for lunch, as well as morning and afternoon tea.
- Overview of Sports Chaplaincy New Zealand
- Biblical basis for sports ministry
- Foundations of Sports Chaplaincy
- Key principle: presence
- Presence’s four expressions
- Pastoral care in sports settings
- The athlete
- ‘Ole!’ – affirming athletes
- Praying with and also for athletes
- Adrenaline, stress, anxiety and depression
- Critical incidents
- Biculturalism and Te Tiriti o Waitangi
This is the first half of SCNZ’s Four Phase training. We will offer Phase 3 and 4 at a later date. Phase 3 centres on mentoring and includes a visit to a sports organisation. Phase 4 provides practical guidance on subjects such as family life, suicide awareness, and grief, loss and transitions. Four Phase training is especially relevant if you wish to serve formally as a Sports Chaplain.
Each topic includes a Learning Capture, where time is provided for you to reflect on your learning as well as its application for you.
Once you have completed all four phases, you may apply to become an accredited Sports Chaplain.
Also, you can visit our Facebook page.
If a minimum of 5 attendees is not met, you will be notified 2 weeks before the start date and any money you have paid will be refunded immediately.
Your course fees cover:
- Interactive training with experienced trainers
- Comprehensive training notes
- Venue hire
- And, most important of all, morning and afternoon tea
2 Phases (1-2)
Early Bird Price: $225*
Full Price: $250
If you wish to attend Auckland Sports Chaplaincy training Phase 1,2, then a deposit of $50 will secure your registration. The balance needs to be paid 1 week prior to training commencing.
*To take advantage of the early bird pricing have your registration submitted and deposit paid 1 month before training commences.
Your church or chaplaincy outlet may wish to sponsor your training and also your membership fee.Register now