Cede Network wants to help Sports Chaplains around the world; therefore they have made a series of short advice videos for Sports Chaplains. This series is called Sports Chaplaincy 101.
Topics of advice videos for Sports Chaplains
Sports Chaplaincy 101 has topics especially relevant to chaplains in sports clubs. It begins with the origins of chaplaincy, then addresses practical issues. Finally it looks at helping at the end of a career.
- How chaplaincy began;
- Starting as a Sports Chaplain;
- Being effective as a chaplain;
- Pastoral care;
- Working together with others;
- Working with an individual;
- Serving in a multicultural space;
- Losing a loved one;
- Doing well in retirement.
All of these advice videos for Sports Chaplains are on YouTube. Each talk is around two minutes long.
The speakers are:
- Armenio Anjos (International Sports Ministries, Portugal);
- Brad Bartz (Athletes in Action, USA);
- Carl Dambman (Athletes in Action, USA);
- Warren Evans (Sports Chaplaincy UK);
- Ruben Fernandez (Athletes in Action, Spain);
- Brad Kenney (Soccer Chaplains United, USA);
- Roger Lipe (Fellowship of Christian Athletes, USA);
- Steve Stubbings (Sports Chaplaincy Australia);
- Steve Waller (The University of Tennessee, USA).
About Cede Network
Who is Cede Network?
Cede Network is part Cede Sports, which has mobilised churches and chaplains through sport since 1996. Following that time, Cede Sport have worked with thousands of people, in over 100 countries.
Cede Network exists to support Sports Chaplains around the world. They are also creating a hub for:
- Sharing resources as well as best practices;
- Networking; and also
If you want to find out more about Cede Network, then you can visit their website.