- This event has passed.
Manawatū Sports Chaplaincy training Phase 1,2
14 June 2019 - 16 June 2019
Outline of Manawatū Sports Chaplaincy training
Manawatū Sports Chaplaincy training Phase 1,2 will run over 2 days, from 9am until 4pm. Each day will include one phase of training, consisting of six hours of interactive class time, plus breaks for lunch, and also morning and afternoon tea.
- Biblical basis for sports ministry
- Foundations of Sports Chaplaincy
- Key principle: presence
- Presence’s four expressions
- Biculturalism and Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Overview of Sports Chaplaincy New Zealand
- The athlete
- ‘Ole!’ – affirming athletes
- Praying with and also for athletes
- Adrenaline, stress, anxiety and depression
- Critical incidents
- Pastoral care in sports settings
This is the first half of SCNZ’s Four Phase training. We will offer Phase 3 and 4 in November. Phase 3 centres on mentoring and includes a visit to a sports organisation. Phase 4 provides practical guidance on subjects such as family life, suicide awareness, and grief, loss and transitions. Four Phase training is especially relevant for those who wish to serve formally as a Sports Chaplain.
Following each session time is provided for you to reflect on your learning and its application for you.
After completing all four phases, you may then apply to become an accredited Sports Chaplain.
If a minimum of 5 trainees is not met, then you will be notified 2 weeks before the start date and any money you have paid will be refunded immediately.
Fees for Manawatū Sports Chaplaincy training
Your course fees cover:
- Interactive training with experienced trainers
- Comprehensive training notes
- Venue hire
- And, most important of all, morning and afternoon tea
2 Phases (1-2)
Early Bird Price: $225*
Full Price: $250
If you wish to attend Manawatū Sports Chaplaincy training Phase 1,2, then a deposit of $50 will secure your registration. The balance needs to be paid 1 week prior to training commencing.
*To take advantage of the early bird pricing have your registration submitted and deposit paid 1 month before training commences.
Your church or chaplaincy outlet may wish to help by sponsoring the cost of training, and also your membership fee. Therefore, we suggest you discuss this with them.