Welcome to the November 2017 Auckland training registration page. You can register here for our Four Phase training, which will equip you to become a member of SCNZ and work as a Sports Chaplain at school, club, regional or professional level.
November 2017 Auckland training registration
This course will run over 4 days. Each day will include one phase of training, consisting of six hours of interactive class time, plus breaks for lunch or dinner, and morning, afternoon tea or supper.
- Biblical basis for sports ministry
- Foundations of Sports Chaplaincy
- Key principle: presence
- Presence’s four expressions
- Pastoral care in sports settings
- Overview of Sports Chaplaincy New Zealand
- The athlete
- ‘Ole!’ – affirming athletes
- Praying with and for athletes
- Adrenaline, stress, anxiety and depression
- Critical incidents
- Māori culture
- Active listening
- Reason for the hope: sharing the gospel with gentleness and respect
- SCNZ’s Code of Conduct
- The sports organisation (includes field trip)
- Health and safety
- Family life
- Grief, loss and transitions
- Suicide awareness
- Pathway to placement
- Developing your game plan
You may choose to complete phases 1-2 and 3-4 at different times, or all at once, depending on personal preference and need.
Each topic includes a Learning Capture. Following each session time is provided for you to reflect on your learning and its application for you.
After completing all four phases, you may then apply to become an accredited Sports Chaplain.
For this training to be viable, a minimum of 5 trainees is required. If this minimum is not met you will be notified 2 weeks before the start date and any money you have paid will be refunded immediately.
Your course fees cover:
- Interactive training with experienced trainers
- Comprehensive training notes
- Venue hire
- Refreshments (morning and afternoon tea)
4 Phases (1-4)
Early Bird Price: $450*
Full Price: $495
2 Phases (1-2 or 3-4)
Early Bird Price: $225*
Full Price: $250
In order to secure your November 2017 Auckland training registration, a deposit of $50 is required. The balance needs to be paid 1 week prior to training commencing.
*To take advantage of the early bird pricing have your registration submitted and deposit paid 1 month before training commences.
In many cases your church or chaplaincy outlet may wish to help by sponsoring the cost of training. Therefore, we suggest you discuss this with them.